All of us at the Wolf Cove Inn are proud to announce that our Chief Marketing Officer, Roy Forsberg, has been awarded one of two runners up for the BedandBreakfast.com B&B Marketer of the Year award. The inaugural “B&B Marketer of the Year Award” recognizes bed and breakfast owners who excel at developing and implementing successful marketing programs for their businesses.
Marketing the New Wolf Cove Inn
As followers of the Inn know, 2014 was a year of major transition for the Wolf Cove Inn. As the new owners we determined it was important to improve the guest experience, so during the first five months of our ownership we completely renovated the Inn (for a refresher, check out some “before and after” photos). We were really happy with the result and we needed to tell the world about it!
Back when we were engineers, we thought of marketing (with all due respect) as the “dark side”. Well guess what? Roy has gone (really gone) over to the dark side. His marketing program included:
- professional photography of the Inn for promotional material,
- completely redesigned web site emphasizing visual appeal, ease of use and optimization for the increasingly mobile user,
- new printed advertising material,
- outreach programs to area Chambers of Commerce and local businesses,
- a TV special segment by WGME TV13 out of Portland,
- a number of open houses for area neighbors,
- a grand reopening and ribbon cutting event in May,
- selection as a prestigious BedandBreakfast.com Diamond Collection property,
- extensive work to create and build our social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Trip Advisor,
- revamping of a multitude of online directories including VisitMaine.net, Maine Tourism Association, Maine Innkeepers Association, the national online directories and more,
- just getting in the car and driving around to meet people,
- and so much more.
All of those efforts resulted in many more folks knowing about the Inn and experiencing the beauty of the Wolf Cove Inn in the Maine Lakes region.
B&B Marketer of the Year
More details regarding this award can be found at 2014 B&B Marketer of the Year.