The original portion of our lakefront Maine B&B was built in 1894 and operated as a private home until the early fifties when the Cullens, who owned a lobster roll place in Lewiston, remodeled and converted the first floor to a restaurant called, surprisingly, Lobsterland. In the early seventies, the Aikmans purchased the property and converted back to a private home.
Rebirth as a Premier Lakefront Maine B&B
In the mid-90s Rose Aikman expanded the building to its current footprint and began operating as the Wolf Cove Inn.
Please click images to view larger photos of our lakefront Maine B&B history.
Wolf Cove Inn Gains New Owners and a Complete Renovation
In December of 2013, Sue and Roy Forsberg purchased the Inn. Our vision for the Inn is to provide our guests with a comfortable and quintessential Maine experience. Right away we began an intense four month long remodel of the Inn. We went from 10 to 11 rooms and moved from 4 rooms without in-room private baths to only 1 room with a private across the hall bath. We completely updated the flooring, wall, window and ceiling treatments on the first floor. All guest rooms now have the finest luxury sheets and bedding and all rooms have had wallpaper replaced with a soothing palette of colors. We upgraded carpeting throughout the Inn. Furthermore, for your entertainment pleasure all rooms now have flat screen LED TVs with DirectTV.
And The Renovations Continued
During the winter of 2015/16, another round of renovations occured:
- The gorgeous Eagle’s Nest Cabin brought a new dimension to lodging at the Inn, including a handicap accessible option,
- Super quiet ductless mini-split HVAC units now provide cooling and heating throughout the Inn. No more ugly, noisy window AC units. Furthermore, this had the benefit of adding AC in the first floor dining room, living room and kitchen,
- The front entryway to the Inn underwent complete renovation and beautification,
- Reconfiguration of the parking lot allows for more space and better traffic flow,
- Wolfy got a new hat! The seamless black metal roof provides a stunning contrast with the white building.
2017 saw another round of renovations:
- Out with the ancient and in with a new, efficient 22kw generator. This came in really handy that fall when we were without power from the grid for five days,
- We installed a wood burning fire pit – free s’mores kits available for all,
- Deployment of additional Adirondack chairs around the property.
In January, 2018 we’ll be replacing pedestal sinks with vanities and upgrading hardware in five bathrooms.
Sue & Roy Forsberg: Your Maine B&B Innkeepers
Sue and Roy both come from a different world than Innkeeping. We are both technology professionals who as R&D managers and executives delivered hundreds of new and innovative products to market from speech recognition to video-conferencing to Internet infrastructure to data center operating systems to high performance computing solutions.
In January of 2013, we made the decision to go in a different direction and Roy left the corporate world. Roy’s mission was to completely remodel our Methuen Massachusetts home to sell. In June of 2013 we sold the Methuen home and moved to Sugarloaf from where Roy set out to purchase a Bed and Breakfast. In December, we declared phase three mission complete with the purchase of Wolf Cove Inn! Roy ran the historic Maine B&B while Sue continued her technology career for the next 18 months. Then at the end of July, 2015 Sue left the corporate world and she too is full time at the Wolf Cove Inn!