Dateline: Thursday, May 20th, 2021.
Update: Effective May 1st, Maine welcomes visitors from all states without any testing, vaccination or quarantine requirements.
Sue & I would like to tell you about what we are doing to make your stay as safe, comfortable and care-free as possible. We know there’s a bunch of stuff to read here. If you’d rather hear about things directly, please call us at (207) 998-4976. Odds are either Sue or Roy (hint – it’ll probably be Sue!) will answer. And as the owners, well, the buck stops with us. You’ll get honest, sincere answers to all your questions and concerns. We’ll do our best to take care of you. Finally, with the below information in hand and the flexibility offered by our small Inn, we hope you’ll decide that you’ll be in good hands with us for your getaway, vacation, honeymoon, elopement or any other purpose for your visit.
Importantly, please know that if you are not vaccinated, you must wear a face covering while in the public, interior spaces of the Inn where social distancing is challenging. As such, please bring a face covering with you for your stay.
SUMMARY OF WHO MAY STAY AT MAINE LODGING, REQUIREMENTS & LIMITATIONS
Beginning May 1st, guests from all states are exempt from all testing, vaccination and quarantine requirements unless the State of Maine has declared a state as non-exempt due to prevalence of COVID-19 in that state.
If a state becomes non-exempt, travelers from that state may stay at Maine lodging provided they meet certain criteria. For details of that criteria and more traveler information, please review the State of Maine Traveler and Visitor FAQs.
FRESH AIR AND PURIFIED AIR
The CDC maintains that exchanging room air with fresh, outside air is an arrow in the quiver of a COVID-19 risk mitigation plan. Unlike most hotels, our windows do open, so we will take advantage of that for your and our safety. As such we are committed to opening windows in guest rooms upon departure of prior guests. Those windows will be open for a couple of hours to circulate the fresh air into the rooms.
Though not required by any State or Federal standard or guideline, we’ve decided to invest in air purification for the dining room. You’ll find two Blueair Blue Pure 211+ Air Purifiers in the dining room. These HEPA compliant purifiers are top rated units by both Consumer Reports and Good Housekeeping and are proven effective at removing viruses from the air. That said, none have yet been tested for COVID-19 removal. Nonetheless we felt something that has proven effective in removing other viruses could provide additional mitigation for both our guests and us in a space where people are gathering for breakfast and/or evening pizza.
A CLEAN AND HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT, AS ALWAYS
The safety of you and our team members is our highest priority. To achieve that purpose, we have implemented enhanced cleaning and sanitary measures at the Inn. The American Hotel & Lodging Association has, following CDC guidance, developed a new set of standards to ensure the safety of guests and staff. As well, Select Registry has established a set of Select Safe COVID safety standards. We have fully implemented these standards at the Wolf Cove Inn. Please feel free to read the Safe Stay standards.
To keep you safe, we have always asked our team members to stay home if they feel sick. We have reinforced this policy with them. If you are not well, tell us and don’t come to work. But Sue and I don’t want you to worry about the financial impact to our team that you know so well. We have always had, since we bought the Inn in 2013, a paid sick time policy. Our valuable team knows that if they stay home when ill, they’ll still be paid for the time missed.
CHANGES IN OPERATIONS AND FOOD SERVICE
- Under normal circumstances, we’d greet you with a handshake or maybe even a hug. However, for the foreseeable future, we’ve implemented a self check in and check out process. Details on this are provided in the emails you receive prior to your stay with us.
- When we see you around the Inn, we’ll forego that handshake and instead you’ll receive a hearty, friendly smile. Roy will greet you with “Live Long And Prosper” and the apropos hand sign!
- Our staff won’t enter you room for touch ups during your stay. If you wish to receive fresh towels, let us know and we’ll take care of your request.
- We’ve rearranged the tables in the dining room to give lots of elbow room. We have plenty of space to keep you socially distanced!
- We’ve eliminated self service aspects of our food service. Instead, you may request those self-service items when you complete your breakfast menu selection the night prior to your breakfast.
- As well, instead of having afternoon fresh baked cookies available in the dining room, you’ll find them packaged in the slot for your room in the foyer where you found your self check-in materials.
WHAT IS ASKED OF YOU
In order for you to help us and other guests stay safe:
- For unvaccinated guests we ask that you wear face coverings while in public spaces. As such, we ask that guests wear face coverings as they enter the building and in the public spaces inside the Inn. Note that wearing of face coverings may apply when frequenting area restaurants (though not while eating) and businesses.
- If you don’t feel well before arrival, please stay home, but let us know you aren’t coming.
PLAN YOUR NEXT ESCAPE WITH US
Although you may not be able to join us right now, we are here and happy to help you plan your next getaway to our “little bit of Heaven on the lake.” It’s always helpful, especially in challenging times, to have something to look forward to! Our central location offers you close access to a myriad of activities, including activities on the lake, hiking, waterfalls, covered bridges and much more. Or simply enjoy relaxing by the lake or enjoying a glass of wine by the fire pit at sunset. Let us know how we can help!
Wishing you safety and peace,
Your Innkeepers, AJ, Sue & Roy