As we are preparing to re-open the Inn on June 1st. Sue & I would like to tell you about what we are doing to make your stay as safe, comfortable and care-free as possible. We know there’s a bunch of stuff to read here. If you’d rather hear about things directly, please call us at (207) 998-4976. Odds are either Sue or Roy (hint – it’ll probably be Sue!) will answer. And as the owners, well, the buck stops with us. You’ll get honest, sincere answers to all your questions and concerns. We’ll do our best to take care of you. Finally, with the below information in hand and the flexibility offered by our small Inn, we hope you’ll decide that you’ll be in good hands with us for your getaway, vacation, honeymoon, elopement or any other purpose for your visit.
Importantly, please know that you must wear a face covering while in the public, interior spaces of the Inn where social distancing is challenging. This is also true at local businesses. As such, please bring a face covering with you for your stay.
A CLEAN AND HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT AS ALWAYS
The safety of you and our team members is our highest priority. To achieve that purpose, we have implemented enhanced cleaning and sanitary measures at the Inn. The American Hotel & Lodging Association has, following CDC guidance, developed a new set of standards to ensure the safety of guests and staff. We have fully implemented these standards at the Wolf Cove Inn. Please feel free to read the Safe Stay standards.
To keep you safe, we have always asked our team members to stay home if they feel sick. We have reinforced this policy to them. If you are not well, tell us and don’t come to work. But Sue and I don’t want you to worry about the financial impact to our team that you know so well. We have always had, since we bought the Inn in 2013, a paid sick time policy. Our valuable team knows that if they stay home when ill, they’ll still be paid for the time missed.
CHANGES IN OPERATIONS
- Under normal circumstances, we’d greet you with a handshake or maybe even a hug. However, for the foreseeable future, we’ve implemented a self check in and check out process. Details on this are provided in the emails you receive prior to your stay with us.
- When we see you around the Inn, we’ll forego that handshake and instead you’ll receive a hearty, friendly smile. Roy will greet you with “Live Long And Prosper” and the apropos hand sign!
- Our staff won’t enter you room for touch ups during your stay. If you wish to receive fresh towels, let us know and we’ll take care of your request.
- In order to facilitate social distancing, we’ve temporarily waived the fees associated with breakfast in bed and we’ll deliver your evening pizza to your room if you so choose. No worries though if you prefer to use the dining room. We have plenty of space to keep you socially distanced!
MODIFICATION TO DEPOSIT & CANCELLATION POLICY
During these times of unease, we’d like to give you some peace of mind when you choose to book with us. As such, we’ve amended our cancellation policy:
- Our deposit policy has been reduced from 50% deposit to a one night deposit,
- If you cannot join us per your reservation, your stay can be rescheduled or changed to a Gift Certificate towards a future stay without penalty,
- For those not rescheduling or taking a Gift Certificate on cancellation, we’ve reduced our cancellation window from 14 days until arrival to 3 days until arrival before you deposit is retained,
- We’ve also reduced the service charge from $50 to $25 for cancelling outside of the new 3 day window,
- If you are ill, or required to self-quarantine preventing your stay with us, cancellation service charges are waived.
This policy modification will remain in place until such a time as we feel the world has returned to some level of normalcy.
WHAT IS ASKED OF YOU
In order for you to help us and other guests stay safe:
- The State of Maine requires that all guests wear face coverings while in public spaces where social distancing can be a challenge. As such, we ask that guests wear face coverings as they enter the building and in the public spaces inside the Inn. Note that wearing of face coverings also applies when frequenting area restaurants (though not while eating) and businesses.
- To the best extent practical, please practice social distancing while in and around the Inn.
- If you don’t feel well before arrival, please stay home, but let us know you aren’t coming.
PLAN YOUR NEXT ESCAPE WITH US
Although you may not be able to join us right now, we are here and happy to help you plan your next getaway to our “little bit of Heaven on the lake.” It’s always helpful, especially in challenging times, to have something to look forward to! Our central location offers you close access to a myriad of activities, including activities on the lake, hiking, waterfalls, covered bridges and much more. Or simply enjoy relaxing by the lake or enjoying a glass of wine by the fire pit at sunset. Let us know how we can help!
Wishing you safety and peace,
Your Innkeepers, AJ, Sue & Roy