Looking for a little extra pampering during your lakeside romantic getaway? Indulge yourself with some time in our sauna or one of our “Spas In Maine” experience. We offer a variety of services specific to your needs. Sauna and Spa services are available year-round.
Sauna & Spa Treatments at Wolf Cove Inn
Sauna, a Year-Round Bliss Amidst Maine’s Four Seasons
Our Thermowood Panorama Sauna is open throughout the year for guests staying at Wolf Cove Inn, offering you the unique opportunity to experience the changing beauty of Tripp Lake across all four seasons.
Beyond Relaxation: The Health Benefits of Our Sauna
A comprehensive segment will enumerate the health benefits of sauna use, backed by scientific studies.
- Cardiovascular Perks: Improved circulation and heart health.
- Stress and Anxiety Relief: Enhanced mood through the release of endorphins.
- Muscle and Joint Relief: Perfect after a long hike, or a strenuous day of cross-country skiing, the sauna helps in relieving muscle aches and enhancing recovery.
- Skin Detoxification: Pore cleansing and improved skin health.
- Full-body Detox: Sweating aids in the removal of toxins, promoting overall wellness.
The Pinnacle of Craftsmanship: The Thermowood Experience
Our sauna is crafted from premium Thermowood, a sustainable and durable material that undergoes a special thermal modification process. The result is a wood that is resistant to decay, moisture, and insect infestation, ensuring that our sauna remains a sanctuary of well-being for years to come. With an elegant design and robust build, it’s an embodiment of both aesthetic beauty and long-lasting quality.
After the Sauna: Relax in Our Sauna Oasis
Following your sauna session, throw on a robe, step out into our semi-private outdoor Sauna Oasis, and sit back on our LL Bean Adirondack chairs while you cool down and rehydrate. It’s the perfect environment to relax your muscles and soak up some more natural beauty as you sip on some refreshing organic herbal tea or Poland Springs water, and bite into thirst quenching orange slices, capping off a perfect day of restorative relaxation.
Take your sauna session to the next level and indulge in our selection of Birch, Eucalyptus, or Pine essential oils sourced directly from Finland. Mix the essence in with the water in your sauna bucket to create magical fragrant steam.
We invite you to come and experience this incredible amenity that harmoniously blends the richness of Maine’s natural scenery with the luxury of modern relaxation techniques. Make your reservation today and take the first step towards a getaway you will cherish forever. Email or call us to reserve your treatment at (207) 998-4976!
- Rate: $75 for 60 minutes
- Capacity: Maximum of 4 people (Ideal for couples)
This pricing includes ample time for you to get comfortable, fully warm up in the sauna, and then re-hydrate and relax in our Sauna Oasis.
Introducing “Fire & Ice” Therapy At Wolf Cove Inn
Enhance your stay at Wolf Cove Inn with our Alaskan Cold Plunge Tub as part of our “Fire & Ice Therapy.” Immerse in the cold after warming up in our sauna and enjoy a myriad of health benefits, including:
- Faster Recovery: Cold therapy helps decrease pain and inflammation.
- Boosted Immune System: Cold exposure can increase T-cell counts.
- Improved Mental Health: Regular use may lead to better sleep and mood.
- Stress Relief: Experience reduced cortisol levels and a boost in dopamine.
This immersive therapy offers a refreshing contrast, promoting recovery and enhancing relaxation year-round. Discover the transformative power of contrasting temperatures and book your session to indulge in a holistic spa encounter amid the serene beauty of Maine.
- Rate: $50
- Capacity: Maximum 1 person in tub (Ideal to rotate usage for groups of 2 to 4)
- Winter Adaptability: During daylight hours, the cold plunge may be unavailable if winter temperatures fall to extreme freezing levels.
- Evening Availability: We offer the cold plunge when nighttime temperatures are above freezing, ensuring your comfort and safety.
- Advance Booking: Please provide a 24-hour notice to schedule your appointment, ensuring we can offer you the best possible experience.
Your understanding and flexibility help us maintain the highest standards of guest experience in harmony with our natural setting.
Innkeeper Geoff Skidmore's "Fire & Ice" Routine
Step into the revitalizing routine of Innkeeper Geoff Skidmore with our invigorating “Fire & Ice Therapy”:
- Sauna Vitality: Engage in 2-3 sauna rounds at 180-190°F for 15-20 minutes each. Sauna Pro Tip: Have some ice cubes on hand and rub them over your neck and forehead. And be sure to drink plenty of water in the sauna!
- Chilling Rejuvenation: Follow each sauna round with 1-3 minute plunges in the cold tub at 37-45°F.
- Acclimation Journey: Initially intense, the cold soon becomes a refreshing stimulus after each round. Cold Plunge Pro Tip: Focus on your breath work.
- Wellness Transformation: Geoff credits this routine with enhanced calm, better sleep, and mental clarity, aiming for 3+ sessions weekly.
An Outdoor Maine Spa Experience Like No Other
Your Wolf Cove Inn Sauna Oasis Experience awaits you!
Spa Services Available In-Room
Due to space limitations and therapist availability, side by side couples massages are not possible. As an alternative, back to back treatments may be scheduled.
Email or call us to reserve your treatment at (207) 998-4976!
Spa Treatments Available
Choose from the following spa treatments provided at our Maine Inn.
The therapist combines the use of oils and lotions with rolling, percussion and kneading. The goal is to relax muscles and improve circulation. This technique is great for relieving aches and pains, decreasing stress and improving flexibility.
- 60 minutes – $149
- 90 minutes – $199
This service targets the pain and discomfort typically experienced by moms-to-be. Benefits include relief of joint pain due to posture imbalance during pregnancy, improved breathing and overall relaxation.
- 60 minutes – $149
- 90 minutes – $199
Take Care Of The Footsies Too! Add-On
Those feet work harder than just about anything else. Performed prior to your massage treatment, give those footsies a treat. Choose from:
- Invigorating Peppermint Soak – Puts a little pep in your step
- Calming Chamomile Tea Soak – A truly calming experience
- Alleviating Cinnamon Apple Soak – Especially good if you spend too much time on your feet
- All soaks include a warm neck wrap
$40 for 20 minutes
Please note this is an add-on option, not a stand-alone treatment.
Sports/Deep Tissue Massage
Here we work on the deep aches and muscle tightness often felt by highly active people. The benefits of this treatment include reduction in the pain and swelling associated with injuries, increased flexibility and the physiological benefits of relaxing the mind.
- 60 minutes – $159
- 90 minutes – $219
This technique aims to stimulate the body’s natural ability to heal. The treatment enhances the function of joints and muscles by accelerating the overall healing process. This is done in part by facilitating the release of endorphins. We call those nature’s little happy pills.
- 60 minutes – $159
- 90 minutes – $219
Include soothing aromatherapy during your massage:
- Stress Relief – Orange,Ylang Ylang, Lemon and Sandalwood
- Relaxation – Petitgrain, Tangerine and Lavender
- Headache Relief – Eucalyptus, Grapefruit, Roman Chamomile and Rose Absolute
- Clear Mind – Basil Linalol, Elmi, Lemon and Ginger
- Ask about additional essential oil options
Your therapist will read the needs of your body and employ the optimal technique to achieve relief and relaxation.
- 60 minutes – $169
- 90 minutes – $239
Spa Services Policies
- To aid in scheduling the therapist, we request at least one week advance notice.
- Gratuity not included, please tip your therapist.
- Subject to availability.
- Cancellation Policy – Guests are responsible for the full price of any treatment cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled time.
- Call Wolf Cove Inn to reserve your treatment at (207) 998-4976.
Cautionary Warning: Important Safety Guidelines and Risks Associated with Sauna Use:
While saunas offer a range of health and relaxation benefits, they are not suitable for everyone, and misuse can lead to serious health risks. If you are considering using a sauna, it is essential to be aware of the guidelines and contraindications. Always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any new health regimen, including sauna use.
General Risks and Warnings
Dehydration and Electrolyte Imbalance
The intense heat of a sauna can lead to significant loss of fluids through sweating. This can result in dehydration and an imbalance of electrolytes in your body, which are essential for muscle function and other bodily processes.
Spending too much time in a sauna can cause your body temperature to rise to dangerous levels (hyperthermia), leading to heat exhaustion or heat stroke, which is a life-threatening condition.
The heat can cause circulatory changes, including elevated heart rate and lowered blood pressure. If you have heart issues, this can be particularly dangerous.
Pregnant women should avoid saunas, particularly during the first trimester, as overheating can increase the risk of birth defects.
Excessive heat and sweating can lead to skin irritation and exacerbate pre-existing skin conditions.
Specific Groups Who Should Avoid Saunas
- Individuals with cardiovascular issues such as high or low blood pressure, heart disease, or arrhythmias.
- Those suffering from respiratory issues like asthma or bronchitis.
- People with skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, or rosacea.
- Individuals who are under the influence of alcohol, recreational drugs, or certain medications.
- Children and elderly individuals, unless supervised and cleared by a healthcare provider.
- Consult Your Doctor: Before using a sauna, especially if you have pre-existing health conditions or take medication.
- Time Limit: Don’t stay in the sauna for more than 15-20 minutes at a time.
- Hydration: Drink plenty of water before, during, and after your sauna session.
- Cool Down: Allow your body to cool down gradually after exiting the sauna.
- Accompanied Use: It’s a good idea to use the sauna with a friend or family member, especially if you’re new to the experience.
Saunas can offer many benefits, but they are not risk-free. Understanding your own health condition, taking necessary precautions, and consulting your healthcare provider can help you make an informed decision about whether using a sauna is safe for you.
If you experience symptoms like dizziness, nausea, extreme thirst, or a rapid or irregular heartbeat while in the sauna, exit immediately and seek medical attention.
The webpage is designed to not just inform but captivate and encourage our guests to partake in what promises to be a transformative experience—blending romance, health benefits, and the awe-inspiring beauty of Maine’s seasons into one irresistible package.