The end is in sight! Well, coming into focus anyhow. Enough so that we have set our opening date. We’ll be celebrating with a Grand Reopening Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and Tours of the Wolf Cove Inn on Friday, May 16th from 11AM until 1PM. Please join us!
Now for that Special Offer. To commemorate the reopening of the new and improved Wolf Cove Inn we are offering a special rate for a limited time. Stay with us any weeknight* from May 18th through June 5th and any room at the Inn is $99/night. Now that’s Special!
* The Special rate is good for Sunday – Thursday excluding Memorial Day Weekend, is based on double occupancy, and does not include Maine lodging tax of 8%.
To get this special rate, send us an email at email@example.com and in your message say “I saw it on the Wolf Cove Inn Blog!” Also please include the dates and the room you’d like.
By visiting, you will get to experience all of the changes at the Wolf Cove Inn, including:
- Two new suites on the second floor – the Acadia Suite and the Winter Harbor Suite. Both suites have separate living and sleeping areas, baths with spas and large showers, solid wood vanities with granite counter-tops, sleeper sofas in the living areas and lots of nice details.
- Complete remodeling of Sugarloaf Mountain Suite, Cadillac Mountain Suite, Mt Katahdin Suite, and the Sebago Lake, Casco Bay, Moosehead Lake and The Bigelows rooms. We liked the way Rangeley Lake and Penobscot Bay looked already so we left them alone. (For those who’ve stayed at the Wolf Cove Inn before, you can see the translation from old room name to new room name at the bottom of this blog.)
- Flat screen TVs with cable in all guest suites and rooms.
- New luxury sheets and bedding in all guest suites and rooms.
- New flooring in the Maine (formerly Grande) dining room, sun room, foyer and hallway. No more carpet!
- Wallpaper down and paint up in the foyer, public hall and baths on the 1st floor.
- New ceiling in the Maine dining room.
- New Thomasville furniture in the Maine living room and sun room, creating four separate intimate gathering areas in those spaces, each area with sofa or love seat, chairs, tables, and lamps.
- Conversion of the owner’s kitchen to a commercial kitchen complete with a commercial range hood and all the sinkage (3 bay, hand wash, mop) required by those pesky regulations.
- New carpeting and wall treatments taking you from the second to third floor.
- A new 1200sf Owner’s Quarters where we will live.
As you can see, we’ve remodeled almost the entire Inn! I’ll be posting more pictures soon.
And we aren’t done remodeling. Next we’ll be tackling the cyberspace version of the Wolf Cove Inn. On May 15th we’ll have a professional B&B/Inn photographer and stylist on site to get all new interior photos. With that we will be able to begin the redesign of our web site to a modern, photo oriented site. The new site will also use responsive design technology that will optimize the browsing experience for PC, tablet and cell phone viewing and interaction.
If you are as excited as we are, please hurry and Book Now!
As promised, for those who have stayed with us before (and stuck with this blog posting!), those room name translations are:
- 2nd floor common/TV room –> Acadia
- Calla Lilly –> Sugarloaf Mountain
- Combined Hollyhock and Sweet Alyssum –> Winter Harbor
- Delphinium –> Mt Katahdin
- Lavendar –> Cadillac Mountain
- Begonia –> The Bigelows
- Magnolia –> Moosehead Lake
- Rosemary –> Sebago Lake
- Evergreen –> Casco Bay
- Foxglove –> Penobscot Bay
- Forget-Me-Not –> Rangeley Lake
- Grande Room –> Maine Room