[NEW!] – Check out our detailed guide to a unique and fun Maine honeymoon.
Your honeymoon (or mini-moon) demarks both an end and a beginning. It marks the end of the sometimes years long process of actually getting married. At the same time it likely marks your first time alone as a married couple, embarking on the start of your magical life together. You want that experience to be unique. You want it to be wonderful. And you want to create a life-long memory. At our top Maine bed and breakfast, we have some ideas about that.
Your Honeymoon – Where To Go?
OK, I get it. When most people think of honeymoons, they think of resorts, white sand beaches, and poolside drinks with a fruit swizzle. Or maybe they think about a multi-week trip to Europe. The point is, that’s what everyone thinks and that’s what everyone does. But you aren’t “everyone.”
You want something truly unique and personal. For that, you need to get away from the crowds, the resorts, the cookie-cutter honeymoon. Where might that be? Well, Maine is the number two destination wedding spot in the US. Since Maine is great for a destination wedding, I submit that Maine is great for honeymoons too. Indeed, Maine is a unique place with an abundance of down-home hospitality, quaint villages, the spectacle of mother nature’s beauty and a huge variety of activities to keep you busy and active.
Maine is a state of many faces that provides honeymooners with an abundance of options for a truly memorable vacation. You have:
- Sandy beaches in the southern coastal regions and the magnificent, rocky shorelines in the midcoast and downeast Maine,
- Tranquil lakes of the Sebago and central lakes region,
- Rugged western mountains in Carrabassett Valley and Bethel,
- A foodie heaven city like Portland,
- Quaint villages like Norway, Kennebunkport and Camden with pretty little shops and wonderful restaurants.
- The grandeur of nature at Baxter State Park, home of Mount Katahdin – the highest peak in Maine, and
- Rugged coastal beauty of Acadia National Park on Mount Desert Island and Schoodic Point.
Honeymoon In Maine At The Wolf Cove Inn
By now, I’ve convinced you that Maine is the place to be for your honeymoon. But with so much to do, where should you stay for a truly unique and wonderful experience that provides easy access to everything Maine offers?
There is a wonderful Inn located in the central lakes region of Maine right on Tripp Lake. The Wolf Cove Inn is an award-winning bed and breakfast that is also a member of Select Registry and Diamond Collection. Known for gracious hospitality, lakeside beauty, gorgeous sunsets and Maine comfort breakfasts, Wolf Cove Inn is a favorite destination for honeymooners, mini-mooners and romantic getaways in Maine.
What’s more, the Wolf Cove Inn specializes in elopements and intimate weddings. If that is your dream, put your elopement or intimate wedding together with your honeymoon/mini-moon right at the Inn. You’ll save some precious time off by cutting out travel days on either end of your vacation. You’ll also save a bundle on airline, shuttle, taxi and airport parking transportation costs. And none of the huge resort lodging prices to pay either! Learn more about honeymoons at the Wolf Cove Inn. Be sure to add the honeymoon package to your vacation.
The Wolf Cove Inn offers the personal, one on one service you expect from a bed and breakfast in Maine. Enjoy the 550′ of private lakefront on Tripp Lake with a small sandy beach and private dock. Paddle out for a peaceful sunset. Canoes, kayaks and a rowboat are complimentary. Or relax in the Adirondack chairs and enjoy the sights and sounds of the lake. No getting up at 6AM to score a lounge chair here.
Centrally located in Maine, the Wolf Cove Inn provides access to a wealth of area activities to enjoy on your honeymoon. They include:
- Scenic day trips to explore all of Maine, to check out New Hampshire or even to wiggle your toes in Canada (passport required),
- Many great outdoor activities in the area:
- Nearby access to River Boat lake rides, jet skiing, boating and even seaplane adventures,
- If it’s shopping or antiquing at The Willows, Maine’s largest flea market and antique shop, you are interested in, we have that too,
- And there are some really wonderful dining options a short distance from the Wolf Cove Inn.
And unlike tropical vacations, you don’t have to worry about the Zika virus with a honeymoon in Maine!
For an off-the-beaten-path, truly unique and memorable honeymoon, please visit the Wolf Cove Inn. A lifetime experience awaits.
Want to hear more about what’s going on in our area of Maine? Get the inside scoop on things to do, special offers, packages and great information about what’s happening at and around our romantic Maine bed and breakfast. Rest assured, we won’t spam you. We only email you every other month or so and it’s good information.